Thursday, January 26, 2012

Did you see me before?

Did you see me before?
Have you seen me lately?


Before my weight lost I was obese. The funny thing was, I didn’t see myself as fat. How could I not see what I looked like? Thank goodness people even liked me back then. I was in my early 50’s and began to realize that I couldn’t bend over, so no shoes that tied and I was really slowing down in what I was doing each day. I was experiencing a new kind of “normal.” What is normal anyway?
Most people don’t even realize when they have slowed down or can’t do things they use to do, like jump or play on the ground with kids. That was me. If 50 is the new 40, 40 was in bad shape with me. I thought, I’m getting older, what did I expect? I had medical issues, heart burn almost every time I ate and at night it has crazy bad! I’d cough and get that junk in my lungs and the acid burn was a 10 on the pain scale. Then I had high blood pressure issues and went on Blood pressure meds. My job involved me getting down on one knee (to find mats in my framing business) and I couldn’t really do it, I asked others to get them for me, my “new” normal. I enjoyed eating everything I wanted and as much as I wanted with no regards to nutrition. It didn’t matter that I was taxing my digestive system and liver, not to mention other organs. Eating was a “fun” thing and I enjoyed every minute of killing myself with food. Bad food at that. The American diet is loaded with great options, Crispy Crèmes, Little Debbie’s, steak and BBQ on a regular basis. Going out to eat was fantastic because the portions are huge—pork out time! I could hardly hold back and must clean my plate!
When I decided I had had enough of that lifestyle, it took at least a year to adjust to not eating everything in sight at any time. I had to make hard choices that were foreign to me, like eating raw veggies and little to no meat. That was a hard year. The more I chose my new lifestyle the more I lost weight BUT I felt better and got more energy. It’s a double win! Turns out, our body is made to repair itself and to detox all the of the chemicals from the foods and environment. Over time I noticed the changes taking place and people even commented about my changes. The new lifestyle wasn’t that hard after all, once I realized I was saving my own life from diseases, cancer and heart failure. I could exercise for long periods, bend over, do sit ups and play with the grandkids. What is your normal and is it really normal for your age? I want to help you and pay it forward. Do you want to change, is it time for stop the over eating? Do you want to save your life for you and for your family? I can help and it's 100% FREE. No gimmacks and no hidden anything.
To your health.
Bill                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment